Cave Canem Foundation, in league with members of the Poetry Coalition and other arts organizations across the U.S., is committed to challenging the proposed defunding of the National Endowment for the Arts. We join #SaveTheNEA to bolster public outcry and illuminate the absolute necessity of this federal agency. Below you’ll find resources to make your voice heard and ensure that our many creative communities continue to thrive.
Contact Your Representatives
- Enter your zip code to find contact information for your Congressperson.
- Enter state and class to find contact information for your Senators.
Americans for the Arts Action Fund
- Compose a message addressed to your State and Federal officials. It has proven to be most effective to craft an original letter, however the Authors Guild has given permission to use their letter as a template.
- Compose and send a message to urge your Senators to cosponsor the CREATE Act.
- Compose and send a message to tell your local news sources that you support the arts.
- Track jurisdiction-specific legislation relevant to the arts.
- View the voting records of your elected representatives and how they’ve supported or hindered legislation relevant to the arts.
LitNet, a coalition of nonprofit literary organizations that advocates for federal and other funding for the literary arts, has a page of actions you can take. Learn more on their website.
Visit Cave Canem’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram streams highlighting the testimonials and works of Cave Canem fellows who have received NEA grants.